The admission to the class B. A. / B. Sc. / B. Com part I in this College will be granted strictly in accordance with the admission policy devised by the Higher Education Department of Jammu and Kashmir Government and the University of Kashmir.
The admissions are made on the basis of intake capacity of the different available streams already fixed for the college. Further, the students seeking admission for B. Sc Programme are required to have obtained 45% marks in Higher Secondary part II, with 5% relaxation in case of students belonging to different reserved categories under SRO-294 of 2005. However, such students are required to produce a valid category certificate from the competent authority at the time of admission. “No under process certificate” in this regard will be entertained. Admission shall be granted on the basis of first come first serve basis in each stream, depending up on the number of seats available in the college. The details of the streams and their intake capacity in each group, can be checked under Courses section:
Certificates / Documents required at the time of admission
- Three copies of recent passport size photographs (with name and date printed towards the bottom).
- Provisional /Character certificates in original of the institution last attended.
- Attested copy of Date of Birth certificate.
- Two copies of marks certificate of Higher Secondary Part II (12th Class) (with one of these attested by a Gazetted Officer).
- Attested copy of Category certificate under SRO-294 of 2005, if any.
- Attested copy of latest ration card in case candidate falls in BPL/Antodaya category. Note: - Students are also advised to carry all the original documents along with them at the time of admission. Students desirous to seek admission should present their Application Forms along with other documents before the Admission Committee in person. The student seeking admission in the college shall have present himself / herself before the admission committee at the time of admission in order to authenticate their choice of subject combination as no change in subject combination will be entertained thereafter.
Change of subjects
After making a choice of subjects, the student is not permitted to ask for a change in the subject combination. However in exceptional cases a change may be allowed after clearance from the IQAC of the College.
All students shall be issued College Identity Card from the library of the college only once and, therefore, its safe custody needs to be ensured. Students can avail different facilities and services from the College on production of Identity cards only.
Eligibility for appearing in Annual Examination
Only those students shall be allowed to appear in the Annual Examination who have attended not less than 75% of theory lectures delivered and also Practicals conducted in the subjects, wherever required. Besides, the irreducible number of Practicals in each of the lab. Oriented subject is twelve (12). Students falling short of the required attendance shall not be allowed to sit in the annual examination, as provided in the University statues. Students remaining continuously absent for a period of ten days or more in a subject, without any valid reason, shall be struck off the college rolls.
- Admission forms complete in all respects shall be received by the office with in 14 days only from the date of admission notification. There after the forms can be accepted as per University norms subject to the availability of seats in the College.
- Folded forms shall be liable to rejection.
- A student who has passed 12th class examination with other than commerce shall also be eligible to take up Commerce Stream.
- The admissions in different streams shall necessarily be in accordance with the course combinations prescribed by the University of Kashmir for the college, as reflected in this prospectus.
- The admission in Science Stream shall be granted to those students who have obtained at least 45% and above marks in Hr. Sec. Part II examination with the same stream, with a relaxation of 5% in case of reserved categories.
- The admission in all the streams shall strictly be with due regard to the intake capacity of the College for which the College may devise criteria in view of limited number of seats in some streams.
- There shall be no refund of fee, once a student has been granted admission, and the fee has been deposited.
- There shall be no refund of the fee in case a student is struck-off due to unauthorized absence from the college for a period of more than ten days.
- The admission fee shall not be transferable.
- Semester System of examination for B.G 1st year as notified by the university from Session, 2015
As per University of Kashmir Semester System has become operative from academic session, 2015 for B.G 1st year.
Code of Conduct / Discipline
Conduct of students on the College Campus shall be closely monitored. Discipline being an important criterion for shaping the growth and development, students shall have to strictly observe the following rules.
- A student possessing a valid Identity Card issued by the college shall be allowed to enter the College premises.
- Smoking and other unfair activities shall strictly be prohibited on the College campus.
- A student remaining absent continuously for ten days from the college shall be struck off from the rolls. She/He shall, however, be re-admitted with the permission of college Principal after paying a re- admission fee under rules.
- A student shall avail a leave from the College for ten days only during an academic session after applying for the same on the prescribed leave form.
- A student shall be allowed to appear in the examination if he/she has obtained 75% attendance in all the subjects.
- A student shall be liable to disciplinary action if he/she is found to cause damage to the college property.
- A student found guilty of misconduct/ breach of discipline by the concerned committee, shall be issued discharge certificate.
- Any grievance shall be registered with the Grievance Redressal Cell of the college.
- No student shall be allowed to take his Motor Vehicle beyond the point identified for such purpose.
- Students found indulging in Ragging shall be expelled.
- No student shall be allowed to carry cell phone with him/her in the Campus.
- All the male and female students are informed to come to the college in proper uniform and those students who wear casuals will not be allowed to enter the college premises. The college uniform for the boys and girls is as under:
Boys : Black Pants, White Shirt, Black Socks & Black Shoes, Black Sweater/Coat, (Rainy/Cold season)
Girls : Green Shirt and White Shalwar, White Dupatta (or Head Scarf), White Socks, Black shoes, Black Sweater / Coat (Rainy/Cold season) and Black Abaya (Optional).